Steps in creating an Eco friendly home.
- Green Building Materials such as recycled lumber, renewable plant materials like; bamboo and straw, dimension stone, recycled stone, recycled metal and so forth. For more check: Sustainable (Green) Building Materials
2. Energy-Efficient Designs (windows for ventilation throughout the house, place strategically for warmth and coolness.) Install skylights in your roof for natural sunlight.
3. Alternative Energy Supply wind power systems and photovoltaic (PV or solar electric)
4. Water Management. Reduce rainwater runoff instead redirect to lawns or garden.
5. Estimate your current energy usage. A home energy assessment (sometimes referred to as an energy audit) will show what parts of your house use the most energy and suggest the best ways to cut energy costs .
6. Household saving machines: Chooses energy-efficient…
View original post 75 more words